1 Hour Lipo – All About Tumescent
Imagine re-contouring your body right here in the comfort of our very own surgery center, one hour at a time for each area you highlight as needing attention.
Liposuction has come a long way since its earliest origins. Thanks to the wide-adoption of the tumescent technique, developed by Dr. Jeffrey Klein in the 80s, patients no longer have to suffer the excessive pain and trauma of the past caused by liposuction just to get the body they want.
Tumescent liposuction has become the gold standard among plastic surgery centers. Wondering what the benefits are? Read on…
Why Tumescent Liposuction?
- Less Bruising: By far the most important advancement the tumescent method has provided to modern plastic surgeons is that the patient has less bruising.
- Epinephrine: The fluid has epinephrine in it which helps decrease bruising.
- Lidocaine is also a part of the tumescent fluid to reduce the amount of anesthesia needed during the procedure, as well as helping with pain after.
- The anesthesia used prevents post-op nausea and allows your surgeon to feather the areas that you have targeted for smooth transitions from one area to the next, which aids in the natural look of the finished product.
- 1 Hour Procedure: Typically it takes us 1 hour per area to perform the liposuction. Often, we can do more than one area in a single visit, saving you the hassle of additional procedures. Dr. Lawton will work with you to come up with a plan that works for you and balances your cosmetic desires with your safety needs.
If you have been considering liposuction but are still unsure, contact our office for a consultation so that we can help you decide if tumescent lipo is for you!