Breast implants have been around since the late nineteenth century. Since then, not only has the technology and procedure of breast augmentations evolved, but also the population of women who undergo this surgery has skyrocketed. Ever wonder why so many women turn to this popular cosmetic surgery? Here are our top five reasons why:
- Confidence. Of course, self-confidence is the number one reason why women choose to get breast implants. The decision of getting your breasts done is one that you do for yourself, because you want to feel good about your appearance and self-esteem. Many women struggle with accepting their small breasts for years so having the option to improve their figure and enhance their image is an opportunity that many women are interested in.
- Satisfaction. In a 2013 study done by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 98% of the women surveyed reported that their breast augmentation results met or exceeded their expectations.
- Easy Recovery: A breast augmentation procedure typically takes a couple hours and many women are able to return to work after just a couple of days of recovery. After one week, patients usually feel well enough to begin most of their normal activities.
- Customization: One of the most important factors of women getting breast implants is that they are able to choose exactly what they want for their body. Today, there is a variety of procedures to undergo as well as different implants, which gives many options to women as they choose what they believe is best for them.
- Long lasting results: Even though breast-implants may need to be replaced over decades, they are extremely durable and can last for many years. Dr. Lawton suggests follow-ups after 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and every year there after to be sure that your girls are recovering and healing properly.