Breast reduction surgery, also called reduction mammoplasty, is a common procedure that we are asked about. If you or someone you know is considering having a breast reduction, read up on the facts here!
- Breast reductions are not only done for cosmetic reasons. Many of the reduction surgeries we perform are actually for health purposes. Some of the health complications associated with large breasts include back, neck and shoulder pain, and grooves in the shoulders. Oversized breasts can even cause poor posture, which can have other ripple-effects throughout the body.
- We reduce and lift at the same time. While we are removing the excess breast tissue, we do so in a way that allows us to pull up and lift the breast when we put it back together. Contrary to what some believe, the nipple stays attached to the breast at all times even though we are “moving” it to a higher position.
- This is an outpatient procedure. We perform breast reduction surgeries right here in our very own Class-C Outpatient Surgical Center. Rest assured that you are in the best hands, including our elite group of anesthesiologists.
- The level of satisfaction with breast reduction surgery is one of the highest among all cosmetic surgery procedures. Patients are very grateful for the relief from pain that they receive from this procedure and also for the aesthetic improvement to their body’s contours.
- Most patients are ready to resume most non-vigorous activities within one week. We will be seeing you for regular follow-up appointments over the first year, and there is no charge for any of these follow-up visits!
So now that you have learned more about breast reduction surgery, we have one question for you: What have you got to lose?